Survival Systems Limited has developed the METS®Survival Systems Limited has developed the METS® Model 6000 LORS (Launch, Operation and Recovery System) to offer clients in the METS® Model 1, 3, and 5 range with a truly redundant, personnel-rated handling system to deliver aircraft ditching training. Model 6000 LORS (Launch, Operation and Recovery System) to offer clients in the METS® Model 1, 3, and 5 range with a truly redundant, personnel-rated handling system to deliver aircraft ditching training.Request a Quote
- Redundant wirerope hoists, dual motors, variable speed drives, wire-rope drums and stainless lifting cables, 3-point safety links, mitigating risk of single point failures.
- Fully compliant with industry de-rating requirements for personnel handling devices, the Model 6000 is actually a 5454 Kg (12000 lbs) capable handling system that is used at 50% capacity or less at all times.
- The system is delivered with integrated METS® remote air braking system, dual speed raise / lower control, METS® brake release in both pendant control and wireless controls.
- Additional features include: Integrated electrical ground fault protection, programmable limits, pool friendly materials and lubricants, and Operator training – Installed at Customer’s Site.
- The assembly is very cost effective, in a space saving design, easy to use and can be installed indoors, outdoors, in pre-existing or in new facilities as required by the clients’ specific needs.
- Please note that features and capacity of the Model 6000 are comparable to two variable speed 6000 lbs overhead traveling hoists synchronized together, including the cost of the steel support structure!
- 2727 Kg (6000 lbs) Gross Personnel Rated lifting.
- Used with: METS™ Model 1, 3, and 5
- 6.5m (L) x 2.3m (W) x 5.4m (H)
- [21.5 ft (L) x 7.5 ft (W) x 17.7 ft (H)]
- 3.5m (11.5 ft) from edge of pool (based on foundation being 305mm (1 ft) from pool edge)
- 7.0m (23 ft) Nominal, and adjustable for safety in more shallow depth pools
- 210° standard (105° left or right from center training position)
- Manual lock for training position
- Independent pneumatic retraction system (acc. pr EN 15011).
- Slow raise / lower 3.0m/min (9.8 ft/min)
- Fast raise 10m/min (32.8 ft/min)
- Ditching speed 19-30m / min (62 – 98.4 ft/min) adjustable at client system startup
- Recommended ditching speed 20m / min (65.5 ft/min)
- 23.5kW, 3-phase 50-60 Hz, 380-500 VAC service, TN / TT. (IT Systems by special request.)
- Retrofit pool deck mounting kits for existing facilities
- Mechanically assisted rotation