In pursuit of continuous improvement and technological leadership, Survival Systems Limited has developed the METS® Model 12000 SmartJib™. The system provides the client with the highest level of safety and user friendly options that is available for aircraft ditching training today. The SmartJib™ monitoring and control functions offer the client accurate, repeatable, and documented training routines, as well as the ability to control and sequence other training devices such as wind, waves, fog, lighting and sound for a complete and state of the art environmental simulation training system. The system is currently under review by DNV (Det Norske Veritas) as a worldwide certified personnel handling system for aircraft ditching training.
- The METS® Model 12000 SmartJib™ is a freestanding handling system and features dual lifting mechanisms, integrated METS® remote air brake system, user settable variable ditching speeds, advanced ditching monitoring, effects sequencing and control as well as a Redundant Retract System (RRS) to eliminate the dependence of electrical power in critical training periods.
- The assembly is a cost effective, space saving design, very easy to use and can be installed indoors, outdoors, in pre-existing or in new facilities as required by the client’s specific needs
SmartJib™ Model 12000 can be customized to suit your needs. Please see the options below. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Fully certified by DNV with industry personnel lift guidelines, including EN 13852, API 2C, NAVFAC P-307, and DNV Rules for Certification of Lifting Appliances, The Model 12000 SmartJib™ is a 54000 lbs static lift system de-rated to 12000 lbs dynamic condition safe personnel working load capacity for lifting training devices in all weather conditions with corresponding LORS foundation. (Typical design provided by Survival Systems for integration to existing facilities or new builds)
- Independent motors (2), gear boxes (2), drums (4), cables (4). Each cable is capable of independently holding the load through an innovative leveling plate system.
- Additional Safety Features include: Independent motor brakes (2) – Redundant Air Powered Emergency Retract System (1) – Integrated Electrical Ground Fault Personnel Protection (1) – Radio Remotes (2) and Pendant Crane Control (1) – User Friendly Operator Interface and On-Screen Guide (1) – Operator Training – Installed at Customer’s Site.
- 5454 Kg (12000 lbs) Dynamic Environment Gross Personnel-Lift
- Used with: METS® Model 1, 3, 5, 30 and 40, Apache METS® and SVET™
- 6.7m (L) x 1.8m (W) x 6.0m (H)
- [22 ft (L) x 6.0 ft (W) x 19.6 ft (H)]
- 4.2m (13.8 ft) from edge of pool (based on foundation being 305mm (1 ft) from pool edge)
- 9.2m (30 ft) Nominal, and adjustable for safety in more shallow depth pools
- 300° standard (150° left or right from center training position)
- Powered slewing with programmable travel stops c/w obstacle avoidance parameters
- Independent pneumatic retraction system.
- Slow raise / lower 3.0m/min (9.8 ft/min)
- Fast raise 10m/min (32.8 ft/min)
- Available ditching speed 19-30 m/min (62 – 98.4 ft/min) adjustable through operator interface
- Recommended ditching speed 20m/min (65.6 ft/min)
- 46kVA, 3-phase 50-60 Hz, 380-500 VAC service, TN/TT or IT systems